Unable to receive emails (But can send them fine)

I am using the SquirrelMail client that is used on Dreamhost no added extras.

I was curious as to why some registration details had not made it into my e-mail account and after doing a test with two alternative accounts found out that all e-mails are just being bounced back.

I also tried to send an e-mail from SquirrelMail to SquirrelMail, nothing came through. I then sent an e-mail from SquirrelMail to Googlemail and the e-mail came through fine.

So I am a bit stumped…

I have been using the e-mail client for almost a year now and had no problems until now. This is the log from googlemail that got sent back.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

e-mail removed

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 <email removed>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied (state 14).

This was bounced back when I sent a message via hotmail.

Reporting-MTA: dns;snt0-omc2-s18.snt0.hotmail.com
Received-From-MTA: dns;SNT127-W24
Arrival-Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 06:01:14 -0700

Final-Recipient: rfc822;e-mail removed
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 5.7.1 <e-mail removed>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied

Just wondering if any one knows the cause.
Thank you.

Have you submitted a ticket to Support? The email client (SquirrelMail) has no impact on your account receiving email, so it’s an account issue that only Support can look into.