Bump! I also have the same problem =)
The reset Multifactor Authentication went like this:
- I followed the instructions fount in: https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/216013907-Recovering-your-account-with-Multifactor-Authentication
- I entered my login and password in https://panel.dreamhost.com/
- It asked me for Multifactor Authentication
- I do not have it [lost device]
- I clicked Reset Multifactor Authentication
- I got an email "DreamHost Password Reset"
- I clicked the link https://panel.dreamhost.com/id/forgot.cgi
- Entered new password and saw it asked me for.. Multifactor Authentication! =(
So.. to reset Multifactor Authentication I need to have.. Multifactor Authentication =((
- did all the same as in the first try
- instead of a code generated by the mobile I do not have, I used one of the backup codes, as per: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/1187538?hl=en
- It was not accepted. I tried another backup code, and entering it without space. Nothing worked =(
- I entered into Google "Dreamhost support"
- Went to: https://www.dreamhost.com/support/
- Choose "Who would you like to contact?" -> Tech Support
- Got a message "If you're already a DreamHost customer, please log in to your panel for support."
- I can not log in without my Multifactor Authentication
- I posted on the forum https://discussion.dreamhost.com/newreply.php?tid=145224&replyto=182062 and https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-147872.html
- sent email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email was rejected/bounced back and I got a suggestion to log in and contact support =(