Ultimate Gallery2 url issue *solved*

wordpress

Hey,

I have wordpress up and running as well as gallery 2. Wordpress is on the root domain, and gallery on a subdomain. Individually they both work great!

Wordpress as a plugin called Ultimate Gallery2, which lets wordpress display random images from your Gallery site on the front page.

While trying to set it up, I can connect to the db just fine, but it says the URL is in correct, although it IS correct. I am entering: http://gallery.domain.com (which works when I browse to it).

I’m wondering if anyone knows what the problem might be? I’m thinking maybe it doesn’t support subdomains?

Cheers!
Chris

There is a pretty good chance that you will need them both installed on the same domain for it to work. I wouldn’t know for sure since I havn’t used the plugin myself.

Hey shinji, thanks for the reply.

Yeah, though they are technically actually on the same domain:
domain.com - wordpress
gallery.domain.com - gallery2

but I see what you’re saying, maybe it doesn’t like subdomains, which was my initial thought. I might try setting up another gallery under tthu.net/gallery and see how that goes.

Thanks for the thought.

Cheers,
-c

I can confirm this works fine if using a subdirectory, but NOT if using a subdomain.

Cheers,
Chris