UK customers

Hi
I am from the UK - are there any negatives to a UK user using a US hosting company.
Most of my sites are to be UK targeted but some are pretty much universal.
Thanks in advance for any suggestion and advice
Regards
Tony

No there is no problem for you. There are people from all over using US hosting companies and the World Wide Web nature of the Internet makes it easy.

Mind you they cannot spell ‘colour’ correctly ,they put the dates back to front. i.e. 12/25/2006 instead of 25/12/2006 and they wear their pants on the outside! :slight_smile:

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

Blimey that was quick…
thanks for the reply Norm.

Dreamhost it is then - I just hope an imbeccible like me can understand the control panel.

Regards
Tony

Yes… I know imbecile is spelt wrongly!!!
just underlines my point.

The ControlPanel is simple to use once you have grasped the concepts. Take a day or two out to go through all the features in the Panel. Try them out to see what happens. You can always delete if need be. Like most shared systems there will be ups and downs so do not worry if you have problems. Just ask here in the appropriate forum, or send in a Support ticket.

I was going to say ‘The ControlPanel is created by imboseals for imbersealls’ but I will not :slight_smile:

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

I am from the UK and the 2 differences I “heard of” between UK and US hosting are:

1. More expensive because you get to use every MB of space(uhh I forgot what it’s called). With US hosting companies, they could suspend your account if you reach 98% of your space but for UK companies, it’s 100% all the way.

2. Some US search engines may not pick up your sites if you are hosted in the UK. For one of my fansites (hosted on Dreamhost of course), it appears on google.com but not on google.co.uk…and vice versa.

Other than that, it should be alright? I have a .co.uk fansite and when people type “subject name” on US search engines, it does appear at the top because subject name + .co.uk have a common relation.

…ok I am just blabbering nonsense :stuck_out_tongue: