Uber Uploader

apps

Hello, how do i install Uber Uploader

A simple step by step, procedure would be nice

Have you considered using this forum’s search facility?

si-blog
Max discount on any plan with promocode SCJESSEYTOTAL

I’ve been bit by the default setting in this sites search feature before, so it’s possible they they were also bit by it.

(It would be nice if they’d change the default for longer than just the last week )

[quote]Hello, how do i install Uber Uploader

A simple step by step, procedure would be nice[/quote]
There is a “step by step” procedure fully described in the documentation that comes with uber-uploader. Have you read that? Also, there is more discussion than you probably want to wade through in these forums about installing uber-uploader, as has already been pointed out.

If you post back after you have tried to install it following the instructions that are included with it, and still have a question or a specific problem, people are more likely to try to be more helpful.

–rlparker

Ya, I read the Document and am trying to install it…
But I don’t understand some technical terms…

Set the $TEMP_DIR value in ‘ubr_upload.pl’ AND ‘ubr_ini.php’. DO NOT MAKE THIS DIRECTORY PUBLIC!

How do I make a directory non-public, do they mean change the permission to 644, or create user in dreamhost whose folder is not seen/available in web

[quote]Set the $TEMP_DIR value in ‘ubr_upload.pl’ AND ‘ubr_ini.php’. DO NOT MAKE THIS DIRECTORY PUBLIC!

How do I make a directory non-public, do they mean change the permission to 644, or create user in dreamhost whose folder is not seen/available in web[/quote]
They mean for you to set that value to a directory that is not reachable from the web, though you could also set that directory’s permissions in such a way that only your user can read it (since PHP-CGI and perl both run as your user under suexec).

You do not have to create a new, or another, user to do this. In fact, you probably don’t want to do that because of the way scripts are run under suexec, as mentioned above.

The way I do this is to make a subdirectory in my user directory (the same directory that my domain’s web directory is in, and use the path to that.

For example:/home/myuser <--- my user directory /home/myuser/mydomain.tld <--- my domain's "web" directory /home/myuser/ubr_temp <--- the directory used for $TEMP_DIR value in 'ubr_upload.pl' AND 'ubr_ini.php'.This keeps the directory “non-public” to the web, which is what the instructions advise you to do. :slight_smile:

-rlparker

I created a non-public folder…
set up the paths (relative to DH) as said in the other thread here
link

Did everything told on the install text file that came along… now finally trying to run the file

mysite.com/upload/ubr_file_upload.php

the form shows up…
but when I click on upload, nothing happens…

There is no sending data, or waiting, or connecting in the browser status bar.
What might be the problem

I’d only be guessing, of course, because (as I said in the other posts about this) without seeing the site (error messages, debug out put) and the directory structure and code I cannot know. If I were to guess I would say it is likely one of your paths/variables in the configuration files is incorrect.

You can try the “debug” ouput to help you figure this out; instructions for doing that are further down in the instructions that came with uber-uploader.

You might also check the uber-uploader forums themselves for hints:

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=497768

–rlparker

I sent you the url :slight_smile: