Typical Response Times?

I’m looking to switch ISPs from Site5 to something else. Site5 does not support letsencrypt. Dreamhost has a good rep so I signed up for a month. I ran into an issue setting up and it’s been 46 hours since I submitted a ticket and no response.

Site5 usually got back to me within an hour or two 24/7, sometimes in less than an hour. 46 hours seems unacceptable. What if my site was actually down?

Is that a typical response time for Dreamhost?

To be honest, dreamhosts response times depend greatly on what the issue is. Dreamhost is also very bad about communicating on status, especially when moving a ticket to a queue that’s not going to get quick response.

If you have a ticket number, I’d jump into support chat and ask them the status of that specific ticket.

Thank you for contacting for help, I apologize for the delay in response! If you can supply us with a support ticket# (starts with a 7) or a domain name on the account we can look into the status right away.

Thanks!
Matt C

they are not online 24/7 as they claimed to me. their 24/7 only applies to email.

for email support i have 3 tickets now and no migration help in transfering my websites over.

one of my ticket is already more than a day old.

Thank you for contacting for help!

We offer 24/7 email support, Live Chat 7 days a week 6am til 10pm PDT and Social Support (Twitter/Facebook) 7 days a week 8am til 10pm (4pm on weekends) callbacks are offered as part of our premium support service.

If you can supply us with a ticket# or domain name on the account we can look into the status.

Thanks!
Matt C

I have a support ticket pending at about 3 1/2 days at the moment, still no response. It has gotten progressively worse over the years. Sad, they used to be so on the ball… not any more.

Hi Matt,

Unfortuantely, I will be cancelling my plan. The service staff says I can only migrate ONE website. It is the first I am hearing, and I have 10. I was told I need to subscribe to your service 10 times, 1 for each site.

My tracking # is 7708313

Sorry to hear that!

While we do only offer ONE free WordPress site migration per hosting plan there are also other options for transferring the rest of your sites. For example you can use a WordPress plugin such as duplicator to transfer your content over.
https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215412197 and we also offer a helpful guide here: https://help.dreamhost.com/hc/en-us/articles/215461357

If you need any help cancelling the account please be sure to let our support team know.
Thanks!
Matt C

Great help, i have the same trouble!