TY DH for no 'parked' domain ads!

Unlike some of the ‘bigger’ hosts/registrars, DreamHost has never put up garbage search engine ads on any domain name I’ve registered while waiting for me to upload content. Here’s a link to what other companies might call a ‘worst case scenario’, although I believe things like this could be a serious blow to a business that had big plans for a domain, and that this sort of thing is a more serious issue than most people realize.

http://www.domainnamenews.com/registrars/niggercom-network-solutions-promoting-racism/1451

I found it a bit offensive, but it only makes me appreciate DreamHost more. I just hope they continue with the good business ethics I’ve seen over the years. I’d rather have a little downtime and server problems than be hosted by complete idiots.

I remember when netsol frontrunning first was discussed in this thread and this other thread. I was thinking that they’d get in trouble for that behavior and more generally iffy practices. I thought they’d get in trouble more along the lines of specific action by ICAAN, but it’ll be interesting to see how this develops.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I see that situation as just another example of what is wrong with NetSol … these guys’ “time” has long since passed, and they deserve to become extinct.

Given their anti-competitive practices, abysmal pricing model, and general abuse of power, I see no reason at all for anyone to do business with them - and I think the internet would be a better place without them.

–rlparker

Does NetSol stand for networksolutions?

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Yep.

Ah, I remember the days of paying $75/yr for domains there.

-Scott

Yeah, I remember I had my domain through them from around 1998 through 2000.

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

Ok thanks… I’ll keep it in mind :stuck_out_tongue:

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Nice

NEW MARCH '08 PROMOCODE: MARCH08 FOR MAXIMUM DH DISCOUNTS