Two questions

I’m a little onclear as to what this " users " deal is about in the FAQ’s section. I was woundering if it means I can set someone up with like, a sub-domain then let them have access to the control panel I would be using ?

And also, on your site you advertise a december sale, I was woundering if it is still be accepted or if this is just due to lack of updates.

I would like to order a plan but would like these two things cleared up frist.

First about the plan – DreamHost still has the sale going, so hurry on over to sign up to get the good deal. It might be up for a while still so maybe you don’t need to hurry…

Second about the users. “Users” are several things in DreamHost, but you’re correct in that you can allow others access to parts or all of your account so that you don’t have to give them your login and password. You can create them as users on your plan, or you can create separate WebID’s for them and grant them access to your plan.

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options

Thanks for the info. I was mainly wandering about the second question because I might split the plan with a buddy of mine but don’t want him to beable to mess with my stuff lol.

Thanks again,
Matt.

[quote]First about the plan – DreamHost still has the sale going, so hurry on over to sign up to get the good deal. It might be up for a while still so maybe you don’t need to hurry…

[/quote]

Apparently not. The truth is: the sale has got EVEN BETTER (now comes with triple disk space) in January and February! But I would recommend signing up right away. LOL! :smiley:

GungHost.com - Gung-ho Web Hosting :: $7.95/mo for 800 MB Disk and 120 GB Transfer

I knew if I listened to that song about a monkey good things would happen. :smiley:

willscorner.net

You can still sort-of share one plan, but it won’t be watertight between the two of you. Best would be to set him up with a WebID of his own and then grant him suitable access. That will keep him out of everything that’s yours but it will also not give him the full freedom for his stuff. If you let him onto your plan as a user, on the other hand, he will have full freedom for his stuff but also to yours…

TorbenGB
Try out DreamHost with a free WebIDPrices, options