Trying to setup Fanlist

software development

I’m trying to install Enthusiast 2 (2.1.8) --from scripts.indisguise.org-- but when I go to install, I get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/.odysseus/dramatic/dramatic-personae.net/dorme/backend/config.inc.php on line 5

Help!

Without seeing line 5 of config.inc.php I’d only be guessing…

What is line 5?

uh, I don’t know…and without knowing there is not a good way to guess what might be causing the syntax error…

To try to help, I need to know what code is in the 5th line of the file config.inc.php - the error message is telling you that is where the syntax error is…

–rlparker

I don’t know what that is or how to get it for you. I’m not that familiar with php =/

There is a file named config.inc.php stored in your “space” at Dreamhost in the location dramatic-personae.net/dorme/backend. That is to say that there is a directory called “dramtic-personae.net” visible when you log in via ftp, in that directory is a directory called “dorme”, and in that directory there is a directory called “backend”.

In the “backend” folder is a file called config.inc.php, which is a text file with many lines of characters (“code”)…it is the 5th line of that file that is causing the error - I cannot tell what the problem that is causing the error might be if I don’t know what that line contains.

–rlparker