I’ve got a major problem here (or several) and am in hopes of the wonderful wizards of this forum to point me in the right direction.
I’ve been fighting with a nasty hosting bug for the last 18 hours or so. I finally got my sites back up, but my zen-cart stores are NOT working.
I don’t believe it’s a zen-cart specific problem at this point - I think it’s a mySQL problem. I believe the database is corrupted for each store.
Here’s what I just sent to my hosting company - after restoring backups from 2 days ago (store and db), things are still broken, so they suggested going backwards on the php version) :
I can’t believe that the old PHP would solve the problem. Like I said - the sites were working fine on the 23rd at 5 pm - that’s the last order I received.
At about 6:30 pm is when we messed up our domain due to the bug in YOUR panel. (not pointing fingers - but this one really was NOT my fault. )
I’ve been trying to fix this - and getting calls from all over the country about the *** site being down.
I don’t believe it’s a direct zen cart problem, because 2 of the broken stores are earlier versions of zencart. the latest 2 are newer versions.
All the stores are exhibiting the same problem.
I don’t think it’s the XSS vulnerability problem - because only one of the sites uses open text fields.
But my shopping cart is not visible, no matter what I put into it in either store, and my admin console within zencart is corrupting my customer/order records.
I’m stumped - the only common denominator I can come up with are the data bases.
To elaborate more on the problem:
The initial event that caused all the problems went like this:
I had a sample, disabled store that was continuously reloading. So, of course, I thought something might have been forwarded in error. But rather than fix it, I thought I’d just point it to my mirror test store. Unfortunately it was on the same domain. So I got an error message from my hosting company (as I should have done). BUT - before getting the error message, their control panel had wiped ALL my configuration data for that domain - which hosts 4 live and 4 under development zen cart stores. We finally got the domain viewable, and have the domain forwarding working, but all the stores are broken.
It doesn’t matter what items you try to put into your shopping cart. Doesn’t matter if you’re logged in or not. Screen shows “your shopping cart is empty” message, there’s no shopping cart button to view the cart, NOTHING.
I logged into one of my test accounts, where i had left something in the cart a couple of weeks ago. That was still there. But when I removed it, and attempted to put something else into the cart, the shopping cart is empty message came back, and the “my shopping cart” button/link went away.
that’s the bad news.
The HORRIBLE news is as follows:
When in the admin console - when I try to update an order status - say from pending to processing - the status goes away, red X’s appear instead of green check marks, and I can no longer access that order except by entering the number explicitly.
No - wait - there’s more.
I decided that before I took desperate measures and blew the store away, I’d capture all my attributes for each item. And there’s a ton. I went to the attributes controller, selected my category, and printed out the attributes of the first item. I then went and selected the second item IN THE SAME category, and it kept bumping me back to the first sort order category. I couldn’t see the attributes of the second item in the category.