Trouble with install

New to the forum. I tried, unsuccessfully, to do the one-click install of wordpress for a website. I’ve done this 5-6 different times before with no problems, but for some reason this time it didn’t work. I tried to delete everything for the site and the domain hosting in order to try it again. For some reason, I’m not able to drop all of the files because when I try to re-install it keeps saying that it is not able to because the folders are not empty. When everything goes right, I don’t ever have an issue. Obviously, I know just enough to get myself in trouble, but not how to get out of it. Can anybody on here help me? I’ve tried to search the forum but didn’t find any answers in the time that I had to search. HELP, PLEASE!!!

Jason

Likely your problem was DNS hadn’t yet propagated. What exactly happened when it failed? Specifically was it a 404 not found error when you clicked the link in the email to complete the install? If so, and if that happens again the fix is to just wait it out. That is try clicking again in about 4 hours.

Since your unfamiliar with what your doing and are unable to clear the files off the server, perhaps you should just change to a new user for the domain or sub-domain. That will give you a clean slate, just remember to delete that bad user to clean up. Assuming of course it’s not running a different site.