Trouble with Concrete5 intallation

I’m trying to install Concrete5 in a /c5 folder on my website. I believe I’m doing everything correctly, and the database gets populated, but I also get this error at the end of the process:

mysql error: [1062: Duplicate entry ‘Guest’ for key ‘gName’] in EXECUTE(“insert into Groups (gName, gDescription) values (‘Guest’, ‘The guest group represents unregistered visitors to your site.’)”)

I’m not sure what it means, but I do know that I can’t get past the Installation page. The admin user is present in the Users table. Can you give me some help or guidance? Thank you.

Looks like it tried to populate a pre-existing record using a strict INSERT.

If you have a lot of data you really need in the database already (and no db backup) you could edit the insertion line to include an ON DUPLICATE KEY statement so it will continue on rather than hard fail when it encounters pre-populated tables.

If it’s a new installation, just delete all tables and try reinstalling :wink:

It was a brand-new, empty database, which is why I’m puzzled. I’ll try a third time, though. Thanks for your help.

What version of c5 are you installing, and where did you get it ?

V5.5.2, using DreamHost.com’s 1-click installation. I’m going to try to install it manually.

Geeze that is odd. Might try doing a One-Click myself while I’m having a coffee. See if I get the same result.