Trouble getting started

I’ve just tried to install Wordpress on Dreamhost. I got a mail confirming it had been installed and telling me to click on a link to set up an admin user. (link was to http://www.thegoldwatcher.com/wp-admin/install.php). But when I click on it, it seems to be some sort of holding page filled with adverts. Is this a temporary thing? Have I done something wrong? Can anyone help?

Did you register the domain “thegoldwatcher.com”?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

Yes

I suspect that the setup was not actually complete…it is complete now; I see your new WordPress site when I browse to that url. :wink:

–rlparker

I still get the domain parked site from revenuedirect for your site. I get 66.150.161.133, no 69.25.27.171, no 69.25.27.170. no 66.150.161.140 as the ip address.

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

So anyway, conventional wisdom is that DNS is propagating. If you want to continue editing your site, you should temporarily hardcode the IP address into your hosts file.

Well, that makes it pretty clear what is happening: As you said, DNS is still updating and is likely to come and go depending upon your routing for a bit. :wink:

–rlparker