Trouble Connecting to Server via Dreamweaver

I found the “How do I connect Dreamweaver to DreamHost’s servers?” article in the DreamHost help section and I followed all of its instructions and double and triple checked to make sure I had all the information correct using my personal account information, but every time I try to connect, I get a message that says “An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host. User limit reached or not authorized to make the connection due to local firewall blocking FTP data.”

Things I have done:

• made sure Dreamweaver was added as an exception in my firewall
  • turned off my firewall completely to eliminate that as an issue to see if I still got the message
  • double/triple checked the FTP address, username, password, root directory, etc to make sure the information was correct
  • double checked I am listed as a shell user and I was using port 22
  • checked the Adobe help articles looking for assistance, but found none
  • googled this issue with very little luck

Any help I could get to get past this error would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Has this ever worked for you in the past? If so, what has changed about your system?

Have you tried logging in using an FTP client such as FileZilla to ensure your credentials are correct?

Try checking your Adobe error logs to see if there is anything more useful there.

FWIW, you could also check your server error logs just to make sure there isn’t an issue on that end.

root directory

Be sure you have this set correctly. If you are new to DH, keep in mind that they don’t use the public_html directory that is common on other hosts.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.