Trouble changing email passwords

Hello,

I have been a Dreamhost customer for about 6 months now, and love the service. I have only had one recurring problem: Whenever I change my email passwords, I have to email support to “sync” the passwords reflected in the web panel with the actual passwords on the email server. I am on the “spunky” email cluster. There have only been a couple of times where I didn’t have to email support for the passwords to update. I have waited up to 3 days for the passwords to be present in the email server, to no avail. The only thing that will sync the passwords, is when support initiates an update script to sync the passwords. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

My mailboxes are also on the Spunky cluster and I can’t say I have noticed any major delay when changing passwords, but I must add that I don’t change them that often (I know I should).

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I thought you changed passwords every week. :slight_smile:

I am on the same cluster and have not seen these problems.

I do wish they would change the name of the cluster though!! :wink:

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

Thanks for the info, guys! It appears that only my account has this issue. I think I will email support and ask them to look into this, and see what happens. Thanks again!

No,
You’re not the only one has this issue, mine too.
It happens in 2 of my domains.