Tried To Signup - No Activation No Support

Not sure if anyone from DreamHost will read this but this has been my experience so far:

The knowledgebase said PayPal was accepted so I tried to sign up for an account & web hosting using my personal email. At the payment step the system would only take a credit card so I could not complete my purchase. When I logged in to my account (the web hosting panel) it said that my account was pending and I would hear back from the “approvals team” shortly. That was over a month ago and it is still “pending”.

On November 24 I tried to sign up again at the $4.95/mo promo pricing using a different email address. I entered the wrong credit card expiry at checkout so again my purchase failed. I can still login though and I have the same ‘account pending’ message.

I have tried to access a Live Chat agent every few hours for assistance but chat never seems to be available. I sent in a support ticket that has been ignored for two days now.

I was really excited about DreamHost but I won’t move my sites over to a company with such terrible customer service. My current provider is not as technically advanced but my support emails to them are always responded to within a few hours, 365 days a year. I won’t be taking that for granted anymore.

Anyone else care to share their experience with the DreamHost support team?

Many people have struggled with DH’s signup and had long delays over weekends/bank holidays.

Thanks Monjo. I did receive a reply today and they will honor the discounted price… But I still cannot pay the invoice because my account is still “pending”. One step closer I guess :slight_smile: