Transferring Wordpressblog from a DH domain to a different DH sub-domain

wordpress

This is undoubtedly a very stupid question. I wish to transfer a blog from a DH-hosted site to another DH-hosted sub-domain . I have created the subdomain without problem. Obviously I need to do a WP one-click install on the subdomain (don’t I?) However, I want to be a 100% sure that in so doing I am not going to affect the main site of the sub-domain as, of course, a WP install whacks everything or do I just copy all the files from old domain to new sub-domain, without a one-click install? Thanks.

Is all this on one account? If so, the process is fairly straightforward, and no you don’t need the one click installer, and you likely don’t need to copy either, a few renames instead.

Thanks. Yes, it is all on one account. What are “the few renames”?

One more question, you said “However, I want to be a 100% sure that in so doing I am not going to affect the main site of the sub-domain as,”

so are you moving wordpress from say example.com to blog.example.com ? And what do you mean by “not going to affect the main site”… because if your moving it, the main site won’t exist. If your trying to clone one blog into another and have 2, then thats different. It’s hard to tell exactly what you are trying to accomplish, I can read it more than one way.