Transferring my wordpress blog

Hullo,

I’m afraid I’m an annoying newbie, so you will have to speak-slowly-to-me.

I’m in the process of transferring from Freehostia to Dreamhost. I’ve used Freehostia for about a year to host my wordpress.org blog, and have made a lot of tweaks and posts etc which I can’t lose. I have changed my nameservers. I have backed up my MySQL database, and tried last night to upload using phpMyAdmin, but it said the file was too big. So I’m trying to work out how to do it the other way, but really need talking through it. If anyone is about to help me, I will be eternally grateful.

I’m guessing that once I’ve got my database online, that means my blog will work once again? My emails are working fine now, so I assume there’s no problem with the domain.

Isabel

I’m a fan of command line SQL dumps and restores:
http://wiki.dreamhost.com/Migrate_MySQL

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for replying! I’ve had a look at this, and really don’t understand it. I’ve been downloading all my wordpress files from freehostia, but would really appreciate a bit of help on what to do now as that wiki is just too technical for me.

Also, I now can’t get on to my panel?? It says the page reset while it was loading - what have I done??

Isabel