Transferring from 1 domain to another

Hi all…
I’m just wondering if its possible to transfer data from one domain to another without losing any databases or information.
The reason im asking is that ive made a little shopping website but hosting it with a sub-domain,the reason for this was to test stuff and see what it looked like etc before buying a new domain.
Anyway ive now bought new domain and im looking to transfer everything from http://www.clanwrcaa.com/zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006/
to here www.eandmproducts.com
any help and suggestions would be great.
thanks in advance.

Are the two domains in the same account?

If so, you can use shell command to move the files. For example: cp /home/username/olddomain.com /home/username/newdomain.com

I don’t really remember. But you may need to modify config file of your zen-cart.

Save $97 with promo code: [color=#CC0000]97YES Sign Up NOW[/color]

Not too difficult:
• Your databases all get created on the same server, so the new domain can use your existing database. In the Panel for Manage MySQL, Add New Hostname, and you can use that to reference your existing database.
• You can copy an entire directory by Telnet/SSHing in and going to /home/YOU/eandmproducts.com/ and then ‘cp -R /home/YOU/clanwrcaa.com/zen-cart-v1.3.7-full-fileset-12302006 .’ This tells the system to Recursively copy your zen cart directory to “dot” which is the directory you’re in now.

Oh yeah, I just saw the above post and remembered that you will have to update any configurations that point to your old domain.

-Scott

[quote]Are the two domains in the same account?

If so, you can use shell command to move the files. For example: cp /home/username/olddomain.com /home/username/newdomain.com

I don’t really remember. But you may need to modify config file of your zen-cart.[/quote]
yes…both domains are hosted by dreamhost.

Did you do a one-click install of zen cart? Is it important to you to preserve that?

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

yea…it was one click,its the latest version of zen cart also.

Good point. Moving it to the new directory is easy if you do a one-click to the new location, then overwrite it with your old zen cart.

And you can do an SQL dump of the old database and then empty the new database and repopulate it with your old data. Or maybe ZenCart has its own backup and restore mechanism.

-Scott

would it be possible for someone to do a step by step for me please…im pretty new to server side and getting myself a little confused.