Transferring domains

Until recently, I had a few domains hosted on DreamHost by a friend of mine. This hosting has since expired.

I am under the impression that I now cannot use a promo code to sign up for my own hosting and then use these domains on that account. Am I correct in assuming that?

You must remove them from the first account first and contact support about that to use theses domains in another account.

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Ah, okay. Thanks for your help!

I may be wrong, but I don’t think support is going to be able to help.

I believe DreamHost has a policy of not allowing domains to be added to an account if those domains have previously been used with another account that was created using a promo-code. This is to prevent people from taking advantage of the promo-code system.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Please be noted that DH does not allow customers to move domain names between promotional accounts.

I’ll suggest you to contact DH support before you remove the domains. Explain your situation and they will be glad to assist you.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW

Sheesh, is there an echo in here? :stuck_out_tongue:

Web Hosting Reviews | Get Around The Net Directory

nope… just we replied almost at the same time. :stuck_out_tongue:

It happens just like magic.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color]. Sign Up NOW