Transfering to Hostgator says domain is locked

I’m trying to transfer to Hostgator. Hostgator says my EPP key is correct, I’ve confirmed the transfer email, but the domain is locked.

I went to the Registrations page in my Dreamhost Panel and under the “Locked?” table it says “NO”.

I even locked it, and then unlocked it to try and reset it, but Hostgator is still telling me the domain is locked. Right now the status of the transfer is “in transfer”. I know it takes 5-7 days to transfer a domain, but I dont want to wait a week and then find out i did something wrong.

Why does it tell me my domain is locked?

Very helpful support.

[quote=“blakebcg, post:1, topic:59027”]I went to the Registrations page in my Dreamhost Panel and under the “Locked?” table it says “NO”.

Why does it tell me my domain is locked?[/quote]

What is “it” ?

The table says my domain is unlocked. “it” would be the table I was talking about in the same sentence.

Here’s a picture

Your domain is less than 60 days old. You can’t transfer domains which have been purchased or transferred within the last 60 days. You can’t get around this restriction. It’s an ICANN rule.

wasnt aware of that. Shit.

You can however find out what hostgators nameservers names are. Start here: http://support.hostgator.com/articles/hosting-guide/lets-get-started/dns-name-servers/what-are-my-name-servers

then set those in the dreamhost panel. That gives hostgator control of the domains, later after the 60 days expires if you still wish to transfer you can.