Transfer unique IP?

About 15 months ago, I added a unique IP to a domain on my L3 plan, and set up a cert and SSL server. I renewed the unique IP on that domain for another full year in June, but now I need to move the secure server to a different domain (on the same L3 plan).

I’d rather not use redirects, etc. or shell out another $45 for another static IP. Is there any way to transfer an “add-on” unique IP from one of my domain to another? I couldn’t find anything obvious in the control panel, or an answer in either the wiki or forums.

Thanks,
txj

You might want to check with support before doing it, but I think if you delete it from one domain, it’s freed up for another one.

I’d guess that when you went to add the IP to the other domain, choosing your old one would be an option instead of paying.

Like I said, though… unless someone replies that has done it, I’d contact support first.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

Oh, and another thing: how do I get to be a “DH smarty pants”? :wink: I’ve had a DH account for like 2.5 years, but I just created a forum acct today, so my title says “new user.” :-p

I know it goes by post count, but I don’t remember when each change takes place.

Here’s an old thread that lists some of the titles and post counts, but I don’t know if it has changed any.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.