Transfer domain from one DH user to another DH user?

I have a domain registered to my DreamHost account, and I would like to transfer full ownership of the domain over to a client’s DreamHost account. What is the process to transfer a domain registration from one DreamHost account to another DreamHost account?

Thanks!

Should be the same as any other transfer: enter the domain name and EPP transfer code into the client’s panel to initiate it.

If that doesn’t cover it and you have additional questions, feel free to ask! :slight_smile:

Hi,

In my case I’m the “client”.

The domain is now registered under my plan but I get an error (You can’t add that domain: already in our system) when I try to set up hosting.

DH support advised that my previous site manager needs to delete his hosting for my site. Is this correct? If so could you help me understand why?

If the domain is in fact registered under your account, contact support again and point that out. They can remove it from the other account in that case. If the domain registrar is another company and DNS points to dreamhost its not so easy, as that doesn’t prove ownership.

They did it! Thanks so much @LikeRat. +1111