Transfer domain co.uk

Hi All,

Im trying to transfer a domain name from 123reg.co.uk to be hosted under my dreamhost hosting. I have altered the nameservers to dreamhosts in the 123reg control panel. Its been 48 hours and im still getting the message:

enjays.co.uk is a sub-domain and cannot be registered with us”

what does this mean - I really need to transfer the domain across - is it possible?

Any help most appreciated

Martyn.

A lame hack may be to create a .co.uk domain in your account, then create enjays.co.uk. Though I’m hoping that someone in a similar situation as you responds.

I’m also wondering if you tried to do a name transfer, or did you only change the nameservers at your registrar. The WHOIS info is up to date, so it’s just a matter of setting up your “subdomain.”

-Scott

The nameservers have been changed to DreamHosts now.
You now need to add your domain using manage|domains and then once that is added you can add a sub-domain.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

sorry I wasnt all that clear -

I get the error message when I try to request the transfer of the domain name to dreamhost in the dreamhost panel.

So far all I have done is change the nameservers at my registrar.

You have mentioned - ‘its just a matter of setting up my sub-domain’

Do I need to transfer the domain name or can I simply set up the subdomain without transfering the site to dreamhost.

Sorry if this seems obvious - this is fairly new to me. I greatly appreciate your help.

Martyn.

ignore my last post -

thanks for the fast replies

Martyn.

Just to clarfy things for you.
You can add a domain (e.g. example.com) at anytime even before you have registered it. :slight_smile: There is no need to wait until the nameservers have been changed at the registrars.

If you get stuck just ask. Someone will be able to assist.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

You’ve clarified things perfectly for me.

Thanks for your support,

Martyn.