Transfer Authorization

Heya,

This is probably asked a lot, and I know I have seen the answer but of course I can’t find it now that I need it.

Would anyone know where I would have to go/whom to contact to get the authorization code (typically 8 characters) to approve a domain transfer request?

I’ve seen it on the Dreamhost panel but now I can’t find it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Is it registered at DreamHost? If so, the auth code is in the Panel->Reg.Transfers

Look at the bottom of the screen for the domains you own, and they’re listed with the auth code. The owner of the domain has access to the auth codes at the registrar. If it’s registered at GoDaddy, etc., the owner has to log into the registrar’s panel to find the auth code.

-Scott

Hmmm, Been looking in all the windows and I don’t see it. It used to be there, prior to the expiration of my web hosting.

This is the current whois information if that would help:

Nameservers have been changed to the new host but they would still like the authorization code. Curious if there is anything else I can try.

The auth codes really should be listed at the bottom of the Domain -> Reg. Transfer page in the panel.

If you don’t see them there, I can only suggest you contact DreamHost directly and request them.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )