Tranfering Domain FROM Dreamhost

Well, I thought I was gone. finaly free of the dreamhost shackle. The last step was transfering my Registration from dreamhost to a company I trusted.

ICAAN Rules say you can’t transfer a domain in the first 60 days. Ok. So the 21st was the 61st day. My new registrar tried to dothe transfer, and it appears DH has a registrar lock on it. So it can’t be transfered. I have created a trouble ticket, and it will be interesting to see how quick they respond, and if they actualy fix the problem.

Anyone else transfered a Registration from Dreamhost? How did you get Dreamhost to let go of it?

I wasn’t going to ask for a refund (777 plan) but this might be the straw that broke the camels back.

-Jason

MP3Mystic Your personal Streaming MP3 Server
Dreamhost Hosting - Last one out, turn off the lights.

Going on 4 hrs. Lets check the panel and see if they have answered the tech ticket yet:

Temporarily Unavailable
The web panel is temporarily unavailable while we perform maintenance on our database.

Ahhh… Nice. Anyone who’s surprised when they see this message raise their hands…

-Jason

Dreamhost Hosting - Last one out, turn off the lights. Alternative.

[quote]Temporarily Unavailable
The web panel is temporarily unavailable while we perform maintenance on our database.

Ahhh… Nice. Anyone who’s surprised when they see this message raise their hands…

[/quote]

Hand down. I see this outage frequently and am beginning to think it is every 24 hrs.

It does help cut down on the number of tech support issues though. if people cant get to the panel, they can’t report the issues.

-Jason

Why bother posting this is a public forum?

[quote]Why bother posting this is a public forum?

[/quote]

Huh?

And we’re at 7 hours no response. Meanwhile I checked the support queue at my new host and all departments show 0 issues. (and based on the sub 5 minute response time to my last issue I beleive it).

BTW, I’m going to stop posting here (both answering questions and complaining) as soon as I’m completely off of dreamhosts servers and they give me a refund, It’s not my fault they make it so darn difficult and slow)

-Jason

its ok i think support is pretty slow heh :wink:

#997565 account heavy server usage on shared server. 23 hours 13 mins Remove
#993463 Is my domain still using crazy amounts of the server resuce? 7 days 0 hours Remove
#992742 Re: Message from DreamHost Support 7 days 21 hours Remove
#992734 Re: Message from DreamHost Support 7 days 21 hours Remove

GottaDeal.com Deals & Coupon Codes. Why Pay Retail?

:wink:

But actually not - they can still report issues by direct email to support@dreamhost.com . This affords no way to tag them as top priority. Perhaps DH tags reports by this route as that anyway.

This was finally resolved yesterday afternoon. If I had to guess Go daddy tried the transfer the second 60 days was up, and DH was lagging slightly behind that.

There are two other possibilities.
Dreamhost and Godaddy had a miscommunication. (that was cleared up the second time)

or

My domain really was registrar locked and my vocal complaining freed it up.

Now, do I get my $9.42 refunded, or do I use the space and bandwidth creatively? I know some independant musicians, maybe I will host their content here for free for them.

-Jason

I40.com - Home Page
MP3Mystic - Personal Streaming Music server.
(Neither of these sites are still hosted at dreamhost)

[quote]There are two other possibilities …

[/quote]

A third and possible one is that there is something wrong at GoDaddy’s end.

I recently had GoDaddy telling the buyer of one of my domains that it was within the 60 days lock when that domain had clearly been with the then registrar for more than a year! It was later resolved of course because they were wrong.

DreamServers.net :: DreamWhois.com :: DreamRegistrar.com