Train Chat Personnel

I suggest DreamHost top management train the Live Chat supervisors, then Live Chat personnel in customer service.

DreamHost will not retain even loyal members, when Live Chat personnel just leave the chat when they can’t do their job properly. And when we the customers ask for a supervisor, he has absolutely no clue what to do.

Example: Ellen from Live Chat just left the conversation while I was typing my response, and when I asked to speak to a supervisor (from another helper), the supervisor, Hoffman, was clueless and depicted a 17 year old immature boy!

Thanks for the feedback, I’m sorry to hear about your troubles. Unfortunately at times it may happen that customers don’t get consistent experience with people offering support. I force myself to remember that the support personnel are people too, they may be having a bad day for any reason and can keep their smile up to a point. What I can say is that every person at DreamHost does their best to help customers achieve their goals. For some specific issues (because of dependency on third-parties, regulations, etc) debugging takes more than a week and there is nothing DreamHost can do to speed things up.

I had my colleagues check your support history and unfortunately there isn’t much that can be done but wait… I won’t go into more details because I feel it would be inappropriate to disclose them publicly on the forum. Feel free to email me directly though and I’ll be happy to give you more details.

Hi,

I’ve searched for Hoffman chat supervisor as well in google, because he is plainly lying to me during a dreamhost outage, or he is ignorant about the matter he talks about.

I’m attaching the conversation:

In my more than 10 years with Dreamhost i’ve never be treated this way, with a help desk supervisor lying to me about a problem related to my ISP, while I triple-checked with 3 networks in different continents, none of them working.

This was clearly a bad packet filtering ACL that was not reported because this guy thought “There is no issue to escalate Luis, it’s a relay issue with your ISP”.

What a mess.

Hi Rodrigo,

I apologize that you had such a bad experience with our Live Chat team, and we will be sure to use this case scenario as a learning experience. Ultimately, that day the whole team was up against the fences with a very large Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) to all 3 of our nameservers! It was a pretty bad day for everybody here.

It seems like you talked to our live chat agent, Hoffman, and were given information that the issue was indeed DNS propagation tied to those DDoS issues from earlier that day. It may have looked like packet filtering on your end but it wasn’t the root cause. Once the mitigation of the DDoS finally allowed our DNS to propagate through our DNS nameservers, it then took 4-8 hours for those records to then be updated to other DNS servers, including your service provider. All things seem to be fine now.