Trac & fcgi

apps

G’Day guys,

Ive just finished installing trac on my website, and is running fine under cgi, except when I switch to fcgi, I get a 500 error.

I then proceed to check the error.log in the logs file, and get a message like this…

“incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server”

My index.fcgi looks like this…

#!/bin/bash
export HOME="/home/keithpitt"
export TRAC_ENV="$HOME/trac_sites/bloomeditor"
export PYTHONPATH="$HOME/packages/lib/python2.3/site-packages"
export PATH="$HOME/packages/bin:$PATH"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$HOME/packages/lib"

exec $HOME/packages/share/trac/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi

Can anyone help me?

Thanks…

Keith

Hi Keith,

I have just installed trac and am also getting this error. From what I have seen, the recommendation is to change index.fcgi to dispatch.fcgi as Dreamhost apparently purges processes with names other than this. You also have to update .htaccess accordingly. However, this is not working for me. How do you get it to run under cgi?

I followed the trac tutorial(s) in the support wiki. I tried renaming the file to dispatch.fcgi, but alas, no go. This is the error that I get in my error.log

[Thu Sep 13 05:14:36 2007] [error] [client 219.90.207.123] (104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server “/home/keithpitt/websites/bloomeditor.com/trac/index.fcgi” aborted: read failed
[Thu Sep 13 05:14:36 2007] [error] [client 219.90.207.123] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server “/home/keithpitt/websites/bloomeditor.com/trac/index.fcgi”
[Thu Sep 13 05:14:38 2007] [error] [client 219.90.207.123] (104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server “/home/keithpitt/websites/bloomeditor.com/trac/index.fcgi” aborted: read failed
[Thu Sep 13 05:14:38 2007] [error] [client 219.90.207.123] FastCGI: incomplete headers (0 bytes) received from server “/home/keithpitt/websites/bloomeditor.com/trac/index.fcgi”
~

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as trac is running ever so slow.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

I’m having the same problems. I’ve already asked support to change the Apache limits. I’ve renamed index.fcgi to dispatch.fcgi and updated .htaccess, but I still get the 500 error and the “incomplete headers” message in error.log.