did i miss something ?

Get [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] Off with promo code :[color=#CC0000]97USA[/color] :cool: -->choose your plan (promo code included)

Nothing of import - the original poster appears to have “re-thought” his post, and deleted it (which I think, having seen the original post, was a "Good Thing"™ ) :wink:

–rlparker

he was fast. he deleted even before anybody saw it

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on dreamhost hosting plans using promo code [color=#CC0000]50MONEY[/color] Sign Up NOW

I saw it. :frowning:

–rlparker

poor rlparker :wink:

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on dreamhost hosting plans using promo code [color=#CC0000]50MONEY[/color] Sign Up NOW

I saw it too!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I saw it, but I had just woken up and couldn’t make any sense of it.

We should all try and be nicer, or quit smoking so much crack…

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

It appears to be my fault…(sigh)…though I really did try to be “nice”…which I’m all in favor of…really! As best I can tell, my correcting erroneous information in a post started it, and a question I asked and my commenting on similar erroneous posts pushed it “over the edge”.

Damn, it’s hard to be that politically correct! :open_mouth: . Some people are so thin-skinned. I’m just glad the OP saw fit to delete his post…it’s better for all concerned, IMHO. :slight_smile:

–rlparker

You’re so mean rlparker… :frowning:
I’m never posting here again!!! :frowning: :frowning:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Yay! Two down. One to go!

j/k mousee!

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

If this was in reference to where something was said about how posts should contain something more useful than just promo codes… I’d have to agree, even as someone with promo codes in the sig.

I get the impression that many new posters here either a) haven’t been here long enough to be helpful, or b) don’t even host here and just signed up as affiliates, thinking that a bunch of me-too replies will be a good source of income.

There do seem to be way to many me-too posts like this lately:

1st reply: Here’s a wiki article that answers your question.

2nd reply: Yes, that article is helpful. You should read it

3rd reply: The wiki can be very handy, as mentioned by the two people that replied before me.

Etc…

Nothing wrong with promo codes or similar sig items, but this forum is definitely being spammed.

And the incorrect answers & bad advice attached to these promo codes aren’t helpful to anyone.

Luckily, I get the impression that most people use the promo codes of those that actually help them–partially because of the large number that have used my $96 one.

I take those as thank-yous for something I’ve said here. So, using that logic, I also like to think that if someone me-too’s one of my replies, even an OP that will settle for nothing less than $97 will still use mine.

I’d also add that this situation still beats the old days of affiliate links where people would turn their whole reply into a referral link, hoping to over-ride someone else’s cookie… instead of just answering a question.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

As an fellow forum goer who manages to waste… Spend about as much time here as rlparker, I’ll just say that 99.9% of the time you go above and beyond to be courteous and helpful. So I’d just write this off as a ‘you can’t win them all’.

Even if your responses tend to be a little long winded :slight_smile: , they’re probably a lot more helpful than mine.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Thanks for that, Mattail! Still, I’d rather this one had ended differently. :frowning:

Again, thanks! I really do need to work on being more concise, and I am going to make an effort toward that end in the coming weeks. I would not, however, say that my answers are “more helpful” than yours - they just take longer to read (and write)! :wink:

–rlparker

Don’t be more concise! You were right when you said “complete”.

You’re also a model at times. No, not that kind! (though who knows, maybe we’ll see you in GQ one of these days) No, I mean a model of politeness, eruditeness, and a good writer. I often think, “How would rlparker put this?”

Well, that’s a bit overboard, but you are one of the most helpful people on this forum. Most people would do well to try to be more like you.

yes, i agree with lensman. please buy my hosting. ty.

HA HA HA! Now that’s funny! Thanks, Michael…I needed that! :slight_smile:

No matter how many times I report Michael for spamming, they still let him post here. :stuck_out_tongue:

At least they put that big “A” next to his name to warn people that he’s an Affiliate-Link-Spammer.

This guy is cleaning up. He has completely bypassed the referral system somehow and found a way to make money from regular dreamhost.com links–even without the r.cgi=12345 or a promo code. He also gets money even if someone else’s referral link/promo code is used!

:wink:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I donno what it said, but agree with OP, lensman and Michael. :cool:

----------
[color=#00CC00]ANONYMOUS0 => Max Discount[/color], [color=#6600CC]ANONYMOUS2 => Max Discount less $1[/color] or Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]