Too many redirects

In the web panel, under manage domains, I clicked edit, and then clicked, “Remove WWW: Make redirect to

Now when I go to the site it says “The webpage at has resulted in too many redirects.” I’ve cleared my cookies and tried to set it back to “Leave it alone: Both and will work.”

But it’s still giving me the error. Can anyone help?

You probably have something in the .htaccess file that’s trying to insert a “www.” If you can’t see a .htaccess file, make sure your FTP client is set to show hidden files. Edit the .htaccess file and remove anything that references your site with www. in front.

Thanks for the reply. I tried to locate the file, but it doesn’t seem to exist. I’m having trouble logging into my FTP site, so I’m going through Dreamhost’s web based FTP. I don’t see an option to show hidden files. Any thoughts?

How did you create this site? It could be that the webserver glitched itself when trying to make the change. Try going back to Domains -> Manage Domains and then Edit. Don’t make any changes, but just click the Submit button to force a refresh. If this doesn’t fix it, then submit a ticket to Support. They can certainly track it down.