Tonight's downtime

when exactly is it? “monday night” is a bit vague.

okay, i see on one emergency status page it says 10 pm pacific. however, the other is far more vague:

http://status.dreamhost.com/

is there some reason these two sites are not in sync?

Dreamhoststatus.com states “10pm PDT Monday the 11th”
–rlparker

hmmm…they are “in sync” for me…are you looking at a “cached” page

–rlparker

WOOHOO! T-minus 10 minutes and counting. Best of success, DreamTeamers. “You can DO it!”

To everyone else: go get some sleep for one night in your life – and in the morning, the elves will have done all their magic. :slight_smile:

Onward!

10:22pm Pacific… are we there yet…?

:stuck_out_tongue:

-Michael

Phuey I fell asleep and missed it.
Will there be a re-run on UK-Gold+1 ?

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

My sites that I haven’t migrated from DH yet are still slow. I guess I’ll be moving them as well.

Thanks for nothing.

What server would you be on?
Might be an idea to contact DreamHost Support.

Norm

Dreamhoststatus.com advises that:

If you are having any issues with your site or email please contact our Tech Support team.

While initial performance looks promising we’ll need another 12-24 hours before we will have concrete evidence that the hardware replacement has resolved the major issues.

• and -

Posted 6 hours, 17 minutes ago (September 11th, 2006 at 10:54 pm PST) by micah

We have successfully completed the router hardware swap and services are coming back online…Most webservers and mail servers are already up and running, there might be a few stragglers …

Hey, if you want to go, you should go…If you want to stay if they have fixed the problems, you might want to notify them that you are still having problems…

I’d expect that they meant what they said - they’ll know more in 12-24 hours if they have addressed all the issues - it’s been less than 8 hours. Posting here is not the way to get their attention, that’s what Support Tickets are for.

If on the other hand, you really don’t want them to look into your situation, venting here is as good a place as any, I suppose :wink:
–rlparker

I’ve read dreamhoststatus.com.

Contacting support yields the usual response of “we checked your site and everything looks good on our end right now, blah, blah.” However, I will send another request in now just to satisfy the masses.

The particular site is on the maching “franc” with the sql on “bill.” Pages load in 5-10 seconds, at best.

Load is still high.

[franc]$ w
07:35:55 up 3 days, 4:05, 2 users, load average: 21.73, 15.23, 12.23
USER TTY FROM LOGIN@ IDLE JCPU PCPU WHAT

[franc]$ w
07:53:28 up 3 days, 4:23, 2 users, load average: 20.85, 22.45, 19.55

Here’s loads from some other servers too:

[hyperion]$ w
07:54:07 up 21 days, 17:36, 4 users, load average: 13.54, 9.80, 8.28

I’d give you stats from poprock, but it’s down right now.

The panel is also slow. Very slow. The panel is atually taking longer to load than my site, which is surprising.

Over the past few weeks I’ve been slowly moving everything that’s important to “business” to a different host (mt), but I was going to wait this out to see if things would get any better. I guess I should have gone with my suspicions and just moved everything.

Dreamhost’s panel is one of the best i’ve ever used, and their hosting packages (read: options) are amazing, but the actual service has gone to sh*t in the past few months and I personally dont see any light at the end of the tunnel.

ok, so they posted about the problems with poprock:

"Poprock webserver crashy
Posted 0 minutes ago (September 12th, 2006 at 8:03 am PST) by andrea

The poprock webserver has been crashy for a day now, and we’ve been trying to bring it back up. However, it looks like the machine may have some bad RAM, so we’re moving it to different hardware. This shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes, and it won’t affect email and mysql at all.

Sorry about the trouble."

Never in my life have I seen so many problems with equipment.

Hopefully when they switch machines it will be better for you.

Norm

Thos numbers are definately not encouraging. I can’t help but wonder how much of the delay is the fault of the extra latency between “franc” and “bill” (not that you or I could do much about it if most of it was in that connection!).

I have noticed considerable slowness on certain of my MySQL driven sites, though it has been sopradic for me.

Does TOPS give you any idea what might be causing the loads?

–rlparker