Time Until Approval

Hi. I am a student helping set up a website for our school band. Yesterday, our assistant band director signed up for DreamHost and paid for two years of Level 1 hosting. He gave me access to the account and I did some clicking around, but was painfully aware that nothing was enabled as “This account is currently pending approval.”

So that was about 8:00 AM - 5:00 October 21. Now it’s more than a day later, and we still have the pending approval notice on the website. I was wondering if this is normal: how long did you have to wait to get your account approved? For my own personal use, I have a website hosted by ICDSoft. They immediately handled the registration and the DNS was propagated in 24 hours. It appears that here, the domain registration will not be done until the account is approved. I’m sorry if this comes off as a bit impatient.

It’s possible that my director recieved an email requesting a Fax and did not notify me, as the Knowledgebase ( https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2719&keyword=approval ) indicated was possible. Is that the probable reason for this period of time? Or is it just me?

It’s probably because they were not able to get to it yesterday. I you will hear from them Monday morning.

Tech support works weekends but I don’t think sales does.

happylittlethings.com
Promo Code: WJD50 - $50.00 off any new DreamHost plan

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Guess they manually go through all account confirmations. Well, I have no problem waiting. Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, support is not particularly prompt over the weekend, but if you send them a ticket, it could have expedited the approval process. I did that a couple of weeks ago, and support got back to me with instant approval. :slight_smile:

Get [color=#CC0000]$50 Off[/color] with promo code “DAYDREAM” at DreamHost.com