Thunderbird Login failed...help!

Does anyone know how to set up Thunderbird 0.9 correctly. I have set up the account the right way. However, when I go to check my messages it says “sending of password did not succeed…login failed”

Would anyone have a clue as to what’s going on? I do have another default email on there using the same password but I doubt that would affect either login.

Thanks for your time in advance.

Cheers!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you read everything here?

On a different note, you probably should look at upgrading Thunderbird since it’s out of beta now and in version 1.o.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/

Hey, thanks for your response. I actually did read everything at the link you sent and I’ve installed Thunderbird 1.0 and I’m still getting the same thing. Any clues as to why this is happening?

I’ve also read everything at mozilla and I’ve changed my port from 25 to 587 as I’ve seen recommended on DH’s board. So any other information might help. I’m not sure why it’s rejecting my login…hopefully I’ll find out soon enough.

Cheers!

I’ve seen on the Thunderbird forum, others report the same with different servers, suggesting its a TB not DH problem.