This was a big mistake

I thought I did my due diligence before choosing Dreamhost. What a mistake - I am so sorry i chose them… no tech support except by email and if you have an email problem, they ignore it.

I have not yet installed my website but since I paid for a year in advance, I am left with no choice but to go forward.

If you are considering Dreamhost, my advice is to keep looking unless you really get off on trying to solve problems without any guidance or help.

I have another website on godaddy and it is so easy. I should have stayed with them.

Email isn’t the proper avenue for tech support. There’s a support form in the panel, and they generally respond (and quite often take care of the problem) within 24 hours.

-Scott

• If you have an email problem, they’ll fix it.

• You always have a choice.

• There is plenty of guidance and help available.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I have to be honest - I was a little too fast to post such a discouraging comment. In fact, DH did fix the problem and they fast about it.

My attitude was from a couple days ago when I used their support form for an email issue and I received an automated response saying they would not address email problems.

Nonetheless, the jusry is still out on my decision to choose Dh as my hosting company. It had such good reviews everywhere.

thanks for the encouraging replies and the lack of flames.

Thanks for coming back with an update! It’s the rare poster here who does so.

BTW, have you noticed that you’re probably eligible for the 97-day money-back guarantee?

Use the [color=#CC0000]3DOM50[/color] promo code for 3 extra lifetime domains and $50 off
More Dreamhost coupons here!

I tip my hat, sir. It’s so refreshing to see a ‘new user’ with a gripe being openly honest. As Lensmen has indicated, the majority duck & weave rather than return with revision that is both informative and helpful. Thank you for your candor, and I do hope the jury returns with a favourable outlook for your choice in DreamHost as your new webhost.

If not, “moneyback, DH biatches” (there’s always a choice!) :slight_smile:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

I am happy that my email problems are solved and I am very much embarrassed to admit that it was my failure to properly configure my email client.

I think you are awesome for owning up! I would bet that most folks would not have… good on you and welcome to the cult!