This service made me feel foolish

Tow long days no real sleeping i am trying to understand this hosting service>>>>>>> No result!!
Trying to manage my web site>>>>No result!!
Trying to acces my site throw any damed browser>>>> No result!!!
Trying to do anything>>>> No result!!!
Trying to access any database>>> No result
Trying to feel that i have a website and domain name>>>> No result!!!
Trying to catch any good feeling>>> No result!!!
Am i cheated???
is it a Track???
Ten years i manage and create sites and buy and sell web services!! But in here i felt foooooooooooolish
it needs a Devil to help me to manage anything here
What a mesterious world i am in people!!???

You’ve entered the world of the paracast.com. Doo dee doo dah. :cool:

Cut the code, [color=#CC0000]it’s their birthday:[/color] [color=#00CC00]9999 => $99.99 Off[/color]

I don’t really understand how you could find the DreamHost system overly complex, especially with ten years experience in such things.

Personally, I find the DreamHost way of doing things reasonably straight forward and very versatile.

Perhaps if you could be a little more specific about the problems you are having, someone here on the forums would be able to point you in the right direction.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

Well, if it helps you to understand the environment when you are “googling” for help:

You are in a “fairly standard” linux webhosting environment:

Dreamhost webservers are running Debian Linux
Using Apache webserver software(both versions 1.3 and 2.x)
PHP is available in 4.4.4 and 5.1.2 versions running as CGI under suexec
Proftp is the ftp program running on DH

Help is also available on the Dreamhost Wiki where you will find lot’s of help available for new users, as well as “advanced” material.

If you have any specific questions, just ask and I’m sure someone here can help. :wink:

–rlparker

I’m not really sure as to what you could be having issues with. Try checking the wiki at: http://wiki.dreamhost.com

or feel free to ask questions here.

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] on Dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]SRVR97[/color]

If’ he’s coming from the windows side, it would be easy to see how he could be confused.

But after 10 years of this surely there’s been some exposure to *ix/apache.

I’m sure we can help. We promise to even be nice.

(and no, it’s not a trick).

Wholly

wiki is helpful. you may need to learn how to use DH panel http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/Control_Panel

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

There’s no mystery here; just visit http://zombo.com and you will find that all things are possible.

/The only limit is yourself.

and I thought my sites were strange. :s

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

what is the site about? I do not understand :frowning:

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

That’s probably a GoodThing™ though I must admit I’m shocked that there’s anyone who hasn’t seen and experienced zombo.com (been up since late 1999).
It’s just a gag though; just be grateful I’m not so cruel as to post links to other far nastier places. No nasssty goatse links, my precious.

But seeing as zombo.com doesn’t seem to please and the thread is already in drift mode, I offer: The Amazing Flash Mindreader

This one I’ve seen before and I must admit it is quite intriguing, until you think carefully about what is happening. :wink:

Mark