This functionality temporarily offline

I was kind of reshuffling my domains (incl. some sub-domains) and found that the functionality of DELETE DOMAIN in the Domains > Manage tab is “temporarily offline”. Although the return says that support could help, but …

The flexibility to move domains by ourselves BETWEEN plans had already been gone for a while. And for someone with a handful of plans and more than a domain or two, losing these self-maintenance “functionalities” would actually extend our time-span in managing some simple tasks AND also aggrevate the workload of DreamHost support.

Any light on when they will be back?

Yours Truly, nameslave

nameslave.com - Buying and selling domain names since 1997
HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting

Hmm … don’t really think that is the reason behind this “temporarily offline” thing. I guess they may have some glitches that need to be taken care of. One of the weird things that leads me to finally take the time to re-org my domains a bit is that I accidentally learn that I actually have a fully hosted sub-domain which is counted as a redirect/mirror instead.

Moreover, the time spent by support on such housekeeping petty tasks is not worthwhile. For instance, I’m still figuring how to write that support ticket which will have them help me move these domains and sub-domains around so e.g. those of clients could be grouped together and differentiated from mine; but this overhaul probably takes more than 30-45 minutes to do with a web-based interface which I would do in phases on different days. Doesn’t make sense to me, frankly.

P.S. I am just aware that writing a ticket which makes my request clear enough to avoid any confusion and misunderstanding would take me at least 20-30 minutes! LOL!

Yours Truly, nameslave

[quote]Hmm … don’t really think that is the reason behind this “temporarily offline” thing.

[/quote]

To tell the truth, I think that’s exactly the reason behind it.

[quote]To tell the truth, I think that’s exactly the reason behind it.

[/quote]

That doesn’t make much sense, frankly. But then how about MOVING DOMAINS between booster packs and/or the main parent service … and the deletion of sub-domains?

Yours Truly, nameslave

[quote]To tell the truth, I think that’s exactly the reason behind it.

[/quote]

Can’t be — they had a different message up durring the promotion, that said the fuctionality would be back on (that) Thursday, and then they changed the message to the one that says to contact support, which says to me that somthing else is going on there…