The Old Admin Panel Catch 22

Houston, we have a problem.

Let me paste some emails to get you a sense of the problem:

Seems pretty banal and everyday, huh? Just need to renew my domain…

Well, I tried. However, their panel seems broken:

… Very unfortunately, you seem to be unable to complain to them that their panel is broken if you can’t generate a support ticket… which is done via the panel…:

So we have a bit of a catch 22.

Try the general public support form:
http://www.dreamhost.com/contact.cgi

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options

I got that once before replying to an older ticket. Just start up a new ticket about the same subject and it’ll work just fine… or should anyways :slight_smile:

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

I… can’t start up a new ticket. Did you read? I can’t get in the panel.

Sorry but I missed the part where you couldn’t get into the panel, as I didn’t care to decypher the text you quoted.
To me it sounds like a cookie issue - as Dreamhost recently added some new security features and such to it, they require you to clear your cookies and such. If you’ve done that already, perhaps try another browser? Otherwise you can do as Lensman said and follow up with support via the contact form… though I really doubt they can help you out much from their end in that regard.

Chips N Cheese - Custom PHP installs and the like!

When I use Safari, I can get into the panel, but when I use OmniWeb, I can’t. I clear the cookie, try again, it sets the cookie, but it sends me right back to the login screen. So I browse the panel using Safari.

Just another example of how trying a different browser(s) can help.

-Scott

I had the problem between IE and Firefox until someone reminded me that I was supposed to clear my cache / refresh using shift-F5. That fixed things for me (embarassingly). :slight_smile:

Free unique IP and $67 off with promo code [color=#CC0000]FLENSFREEIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]FLENS97[/color] for $97 off. Click here for more options