The free domain I registered, is it free forever?

when I signed up for my hosting plan I had no domains to register (they were already registered at network solutions.) Later I registered on address with dreamhost for free, and the year is almost up. Will it renew for free as long as I maintain my hosting plan or do I have to start paying now?

It’s free as long as you host here.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

it’s free for the life of your dreamhost account. just make sure you have it set to auto renew.

–

johngrayson.com
suffocate[us]

Is this still true? Or has this changed?

You get the first year free now on Shared and DreamPress plans.

DreamHost provides Shared (Starter Shared and Unlimited Shared/Happy Hosting) and DreamPress customers on annual plans with one free domain registration credit for the first year, which can be used toward a .blog , .club , .com , .info , .link , .net , .online , .org , .shop , . store , .tech , .vip , .wedding , or .xyz domain.

Those of us who joined back in the “Free Domain Forever” days are still getting a free registration credit each year and can apply it toward any of the domains we’re hosting. I don’t have any expensive TLD’s 'tho – just regular com and net.

More info about applying credit here:

1 Like

Thank you! I saw some articles that said that it was still free forever. So I wanted to double check.