The domain I wanted transferred to me, now how do I put stuff on it?

I recently transferred my domain name from my absentee webmaster over to me so I can take care of things myself. So I have the hosting plan, I have the domain renewed under my name. What I’m trying to figure out is how to make the domain show up in the menus for One-Click Installs? It seems there’s another step to take to fully integrate the domain name. My band is on tour right now so I’m trying to just get something going on the fly.

Any help would be appreciated, I have no idea about this end of things. Thanks

Add the domain as fully hosted on the Manage Domains page in the panel. https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=domain.manage

Is the domain registered at dreamhost?

I have a similar problem here. I only just signed up to Dreamhost and had my Domain transfered here. I had hoped it’d be registered under one of the 2 free Domains I get as part of the signing up special offer running right now, however in the control panel it shows that my old domain is only “hosted”, but i have 2 Domains free for regristration.
Also, my old Domain still shows the linkage it had recieved when I hosted it on my old Domainhoster. Could this be because i’m still on the 2 week Trial?

without the domain name it’s hard to tell you whats happing, but if its showing “fully hosted” on the manage domains page and the registration has been transfered to dreamhost, and your still getting the old page that just means you are waiting for DNS to propagate… usually takes 12 to 24 hours but could take longer.

As far as counting of domains go, you can host unlimited domains under your plan, if your still showing two registrations available that means you can register two more, or possible use one of them to extend the registration on your domain by a year. However you are not limited to just hosting 2, that’s the number of free registrations you get per year.

If you’ve transferred the domain from another host, make sure to change the name servers to DreamHost. (This does not happen automatically on transfer.)

[quote=“LakeRat, post:2, topic:57817”]
Add the domain as fully hosted on the Manage Domains page in the panel. https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=domain.manage

Is the domain registered at dreamhost?
[/quote]The domain doesn’t even show up on that page. On ‘Registrations’ it’s there and says Fully Hosted but it literally doesn’t show up on any other page or menu. I’m just at a loss for what I can do when the domain doesn’t exist on most of my menus. It’s a Dreamhost to Dreamhost domain transfer, to make things more confusing.

Hmmm… When i go to the “registrations” page in the panel, my domains are all listed, but it doesn’t show “fully hosted” or any hosting status at all for me on that page.

What I think you need to do is go to the “Manage Domains” page and press the ADD NEW DOMAIN / SUB-DOMAIN near the top of the page in the center. On the next page fill out the form until you get to the button that says “Fully host this domain” and press the button.

If the domain was transferred to you from another DreamHost customer, it’s possible that they still have it added on their panel. (This is separate from transferring the domain registration.) They will need to remove it before you can add it to yours.

Registrations and hosting are 2 different things. The registration is on yoru account, but now you need to tell dreamhost you want to “fully host” the domain.

[quote=“LakeRat, post:9, topic:57817”]
Registrations and hosting are 2 different things. The registration is on yoru account, but now you need to tell dreamhost you want to “fully host” the domain.
[/quote]It doesn’t let me do that because “You can’t add that domain: already in our system.”

what andrewf said applies then…

if that person is now unreachable you can also contact support and explain the situation.