"The connection was refused"

Can’t bring up my site at all today, all day. http://www.lorendigiorgi.com

I keep getting “The connection was refused when attempting to connect to lorendigiorgi.com

Anyone else getting this error?

what server are you on?

did your web site ever work?

Yes, it’s worked for years! I’ve had this domain hosted here since 1999. I’m on Vermouth.

It looks like your DNS have not been changed =>
Name Server: NS.NEWDREAM.NET
Name Server: NS2.NEWDREAM.NET

If this is the case, then the reason you’re getting that error is due to the ‘current’ host has removed your account. There is no site where your domain is pointing.

If you change the DNS, I assume that your issue should resolve itself.

================================
I’d give my right arm to be ambidexterous!

Huh?? I’ve made no changes to anything, the site has been hosted here for years. The error is “The connection was refused.” Email is still working.

Why should I have to change my DNS when my site is hosted here and has been for years?

My email and ftp still work, webmail still works, IMAP still works. Has to be a server issue.

Your name servers are correct. But, looks like your server is down. Contact DH Support and let them know.

Your email is on a separate server from your site, which is why it is still working.

Thanks, Shad. I wrote DH support this morning, but most likely there’s no one there with today being a holiday. But my site has been down all day, and that’s really not cool…

Yeah, I understand…holidays just *&#! and it seems the DH servers know what days to crash to cause the most pain!

Ah well…all things considered, it’s not the end of the world. :slight_smile: DH has been very, VERY reliable over the past 6 years, so I guess now would be a good time to cut them some proverbial slack. :slight_smile:

Good to hear! I’ve been down since this morning, which is going on 9 hours now.

I put site outage/emergency. The number of open requests is now up to 271, and my first ticket is 12 hours, 55 minutes old. I have to say that I’m more than a bit disappointed.