Temporarily locked out due to excess incorrect login attempts

This is the 1st time this has happened.

I am not sure why but I keep getting this message when I try to login to my webpanel.

Error Message

1. Password has been changed twice in a period of 3.5 hours.
  2. Attempt to login but to no avail.
  3. Support ticket has been opened.

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

Facing exactly the same issue. Cannot log in to the panel. First time logging in today and getting the Temporarily locked out due to excessive logins message.

This is definitely not me. Someone trying to do a brute force attack on dh account holders???

Exactly.

No.1 Question is: Has our privacy been compromised somehow?
No 2 : How did anyone know our primary web panel email address? To force brute the login time outs on Dreamhost’s CPanel interface?

Till now, still not a single reply from DH support team. :(((

Same issue here. Does it commonly occur to many DH users?

If you are still having this issue please submit a ticket here:https://www.dreamhost.com/support/

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience.

Waited more than 24 hours. Still getting the Temporarily locked out due to excessive login attempts. :frowning:

Sorry to hear OneCow.

I just got a support request reply from Dreamhost Team.

Finally, the locked-out message is gone.

Hope yours will be unlocked by now.

Please let us know if you are still unable to log in.

Ohno, same problem: Temporarily locked out due to excess incorrect login attempts.
How can I submit a ticket without login in?
Thanks,
Lev

Yup here as well… Tried to talk to the support but it requires to log me in.

Cheers,
Nick

Same here! What’s up, DH? :frowning:

You should provide a quick way of talking to you. Sincerely filling out these much of fields is nonsense! We’re being let out of our accounts for no explained reason. We’re losing time already and you still want us to lose more time? Not giving you all of those details.

@Lev @lou.nick @marpontes,

If you are not able to login to the panel you can use this link https://www.dreamhost.com/support/ and select the “i can’t login” or “other” option from the drop down menu to report the issue to our account verification team and include an email you have access to and they will be happy to assist further!

Having the same problem too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.