Taking over an existing account

Not sure where to start so here goes. I have used DreamHost for quite a while now and enjoy the ease with which everything operates, plus the unheard of down time. I am on my nephews account and have been for many years thanks to him I have progressed quite far in the relm of the internet, especially being 65 years of age.

He just notified me that he will be giving up his account soon and that I should either think of changing servers or take over his account. First of all is this possible? And second of all what steps would I have to take to do this.

I am a creature of habit and do not like change so I hope this will be painless and not effect my existing web site.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Hi there,

If you can submit a ticket with these [and any other helpful] details, and provide your account information, that’d be great. Our team can address any concerns or questions you have and help you with the steps of this transition. Go ahead and email us from your panel (http://bit.ly/SlXpjh) or through our contact form: www.dreamhost.com/contact. Thanks so much!

I will have to get the info from my nephew and than e-mail them to you as soon as possible. I will e-mail him and get as much info as I can. Thank you for such a quick response. This is why I want to stay right here.

That warms my heart to read that. :slight_smile: No worries; Take the time you need – the more details the better. We’ll be here when you’re ready!

Hey, DH support. Can’t he simply edit the account profile and change the contact details?

Probably yes, but my guess is they also want to changed the paye account and such, which is now registered to a domain his nephew is taking away from DH