Table 'chat.phpbb_config' doesn't exist [1146]

apps

I did the web panel advanced install of PHPBB, followed the instructions, but unfortunately it didn’t work. Every step of the install seemed to work just fine, until the last step in the instructions provided via e-mail by DreamHost:

"Finally, you can visit your phpBB installation at:

http://example.com/chat/

when I do this, all I get is this error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table ‘chat.phpbb_config’ doesn’t exist [1146]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

grrr… anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

thanks!

Are you sure you finished the install all the way instead of jumping in and deleting the install directory before you went through all the install steps?

hmmm… now that you mention it… no… I’m not sure… I’ll delete everything and start over…

Ha ha ha ! Nice! Good luck, and let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

yeah… I guess I must have gotten ahead of myself and skipped that last step where the databases are created. my bad. it’s working now that I rm -r the forum’s directory and re-did the install.

so.

um

thanks anyway

but nevermind. :slight_smile:

Good deal! I’m glad you got it working, and thanks for that novel, and educational, thread! That’s good stuff! :slight_smile:

–rlparker

:slight_smile: Yeah, truth is stranger than fiction. Always triple check the easy and dumb stuff first! I was following the emailed install instructions on one computer, doing the install on this other computer sitting next to it, and going back and forth like that, I got lost where I was in the instructions. After researching, reading docs, and giving up and finally posting a question here, I notice this browser tab that is still open… it’s the forum install, and it’s obviously not done! Ya know, and here I was frustrated at this unreliable install process given to me by DH, when in fact it was me. That is an awesome install process by the way. It’s great that you sat down and made an install procedure. I have been with other hosts where they will make you hunt for all that information… what port to use for your database, etc etc, and they will spend 1000x more time and money answering confused tech support inquiries from frustrated customers instead of just doing it right the first time, like you guys do! You guys do awesome work that is very much appreciated!

If you feel DH deserve some praise you can compliment the awesome One-Click procedures through your Panel by going to Support, checking One-Click, and when you get to Step4 scroll all the way down the bottom, highlight “Compilment”, and lay it on thick :slight_smile:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH