Switch between payment periods

Hi DreamHosters.

Is it possible to switch between payment periods after I sign up? Are there any fees involved in such a switch? Can I do it from the panel or do I have to contact support?

I’m planning on maybe moving back to DreamHost and I’m not sure on which payment setting I should choose.

mko

Yes, you can do that anytime yourself in the panel. To update your plan, simply go to DH panel --> Billing --> Manage Accounts --> Edit, select the new plan (payment period) and click “update my account”. There is no downtime and no additional fee for it. However, if you switch from a short period plan to a long period plan, you need to pay up the balance to make a full plan.

Now all the hosting plans in DH have same features. The only difference is the period of your plan. Whether it is monthly, yearly, 2-year, 5-year, or 10-year. The longer the plan, the more discount you have. Some people go for monthly plan. Some go for yearly plan. But it is all up to you.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

When you say switch between payment periods, do you mean switching between prepayment periods? You can certainly easily and straightforwardly switch to a longer prepayment period - you’d just pay the difference between the old prepayment amount and the new prepayment amount. Actually, your payment itself would be a bit higher because when you switch to a new prepayment period, the start of your plan resets to today. For example, if you were six months in on a one year plan and changed to a two year plan, you’d actually end up paying for approximately 18 months of hosting because you only have 6 months of “prepayment credit” left.

Changing to a “shorter” plan is more problematic.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

Oops, sorry Patrick. I was typing (slowly, I guess) while you were posting.

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for more promo code discounts

:stuck_out_tongue: It happens some time. We have good luck today :slight_smile:

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

The only fee you would have to watch out for is if you switch from annual to monthly in the first 97 days you need to pay the set up fee. If you switch to monthly after this you don’t need to pay the set up fee. Other than that its as others have said you just pay the difference, if any, when you change.

$97 DISCOUNT [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color], Double bandwidth or disk [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2BW[/color]or [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2SPACE[/color] (worth $119.40pa). More codes