Support Time

I have been a customer since January 1999. On Friday night all my domains were disabled due to high levels of Movable Type comment spam, or so I assume. Dreamhost has not been able to tell me where my CPU usage is coming from, so it’s been nearly impossible for me to fix the problem.

That said, it has been 3 days and 10 hours since my first response to support. I have gotten no response. What is my next step? I’m getting calls from clients that are irate and there is nothing I can do.

Did you make sure to set your support ticket’s priority to “emergency”? Another member had a similar wait time (3 days), but once he sent in a new ticket with emergency status, he a got a reply in 20 minutes.

MacManX.com

[quote]Did you make sure to set your support ticket’s priority to “emergency”?

[/quote]

How can one tell? The Panel fails to include this in the Support History copy or the optional CC. :frowning:

[quote]That said, it has been 3 days and 10 hours since my first response to support.

[/quote]

Sympathies. Check your request is still showing on STILL OPEN SUPPORT REQUESTS. I’d been waiting over 4 days when this morning my request just disappeared from the list without a reply.

When you file your support request, you can set its priority. If you’re unsure about whether or not your current request has emergency status, file a new one with emergency status.

MacManX.com

I have 4 requests in, I even used my call-back requests. The last 3 have been at the highest level. I’ve seen the support queue go from 700, down to 300, back to 500. I would assume that mine is in there somewhere.

After six years, my cleints are making the decision for me to move away from Dreamhost.

I’m thankful everything is working okay for me right now. This sudden drop in support time, even though it’s guaranteed to be answered in under 24 hours…

Like I said in another thread, I pay DH’s premium price to get better support.

#957512 Re: Message from support. 4 days 10 hours

It seems that there are someone who’s been waiting even more than me. Mine is over 24 hours “only”, which I find unbearable :frowning:

Anyway, I’m still within 91-day moneyback.

I don’t mean to sound awful, but ever since I signed up with DH I haven’t had anything but problems since. Ofcourse I got their promotion deal so I can’t complain too much, but I kinda expected everything to work.

I would really like to stick with them, lots of people seem to love them. Plus it would be a hassle just to transfer domains im sure. So, I just hope everything works out in the next couple days…