Support Queue

I just noticed that the support queue is down to only 29 pending requests, the lowest I’ve seen in a long time… I guess that means you’ve either resolved the various recent server problems so that everything is running smoothly for everybody, and nobody is yelling for support, or else you’ve beefed up your support staff so that you resolve requests more quickly. Anyway, congratulations!

– Dan

Hi Dan -

Quite nice, isn’t it?

The last several days have been very light, support-wise, and the queue has been mostly under 30 since Tuesday. We actually had it down to 1 the other day, for a blissful 5 minutes or so. :>

I don’t think it has anything to do with staffing (though we are hiring soon), but more to do with work our Admin team has been doing. Since the move has been completed they’ve had time to deploy additional servers and fix some outstanding problems - particularly related to email and MySQL. They’ve also been a bit more stringent on moving ‘problem’ accounts with heavy processes on to other machines, which does wonders for general stability.

So, yeah, it’s a good thing. I hope it lasts. :>

• Jeff @ DreamHost
  • DH Discussion Forum Admin