Support dreamhost

What is going with support?

Message Age: 11 hours 24 mins

and no answer…

Sometimes you have to wait up to 24 hours for a response. This is normal for most hosting companies - especially on a Sunday.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

It is Sunday. Just have a little patience as I am also waiting for support as well.

Not all the staff are going to be working all the time. It seems reasonable to expect them to have a little free time to take pictures of ass cracks and stuff.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

Original poster: I don’t think (having worked in the hosting business for many years) that it’s reasonable to expect a more immediate response from tech support at any web hosting company at this price point, unless your concern is extremely urgent and likely affects other customers. Think about how much an average person in this field ought to make an hour and you can easily extrapolate from that how much it costs Dreamhost to process your request. Compare that to the amount of money you pay them, and you’ll quickly see that it’s not financially feasible to put more people on support.
If you require this level of support, I would advise that you switch to a dedicated server provider, such as Rackspace, which offers "Fanatical Support"i[/i].

I suggest posting your concern here, in the forums, and you are more likely to get a quick response from the community. There are also other very active web hosting forums on the Internet, such as http://webhostingtalk.com, which is frequented by hosting hot-shots, techies, and consumers alike.

Patrick
http://inmyholyopinion.com
http://patrick.salami.name

I’m not sure that my ass crack comment is appropriate for a signature, since it appears at the foot of every post. I wouldn’t want this forum to appear in the results of a Google search for “ass crack”, now would I?

As you know, I have always been at the vanguard of the appropriate signature lobby.

Simon’s website

Nonsense! I would have to keep on posting statements like “DreamHost Forum ass crack” in order to influence the Google results for “ass crack”, wouldn’t I?

Simon’s website

I don’t need to run the AC during the winter, Bob.

Simon’s website

Just a cloak would suffice, Bob. You’d know more about that than me.

Simon’s website

How did you know about that? I told the police that I didn’t want to testify at your trial.

Simon’s website

Well, there are times when the ability to delete a recent post is a wonderful thing :wink: …I’m just watching to see if anyone else feels the same way.

–rlparker

This thread really blew up… And then someone deleted 1/3rd of all the messages. It kind of ruins the whole idea of the forum.

Wholly

He He…so much for Dreamhost “rethinking” the wisdom of identifying that sleeping employee by name. After editing his name out of the original post (and my comment), they left a bit of a clue in the filename of that .jpg., don’t you think?

–rlparker

Yeah, I noticed that…kinda strange.

-rlparker

…into which certain posts descend, never to return! :wink:

–rlparker

Support Dreamhost? hmm… That’s going to be tough. I guess I can try, but I’ll have to work another job or two and cut out some luxury expenses. I’m just shocked that they need my support… I thought they were millionaires. :stuck_out_tongue:

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I’ve heard that they’re billionaires. And that everything here is run on a cluster of Commodore 64s.

Wholly