Support chat

I have mistakenly capped my main user’s disk quota (thinking that it’s only for mail, silly) and now I cannot even FTP to my site. I reverted it back like an hour ago but am still getting that disk quota exceeded error. The weirdest thing is I have now been waiting on the support chat for more than 30 minutes (or even 45 minutes, haven’t actually timed it), getting only this refresh every few minutes or so:

[quote]All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

[/quote]

What gives?

[color=#CC0000]name[/color]slave
Domain Registration, Web Hosting & Search Engine Optimization

Hmm … after waiting for almost 2 hours (yes, 2 hours) and login again, I was finally able to talk to someone (name withheld) via the support chat. I was told that it took a while (a couple of hours) for that quota to propogate (even though I actually modified it back for just that long ago) and should wait till 4:40 PM PST “at the latest” for it to be updated. The bad news is: it’s now 5:10 PM PST. :frowning:

Today I tried their live chat. I sat on “hold” for well over an hour before it finally disconnected me and said they weren’t taking love callers. I think DreamHost has been having lots of support issues lately. I’ve been reading through the boards and the number of unhappy people seems to be growing. It’s too bad.

– E

Things finally fixed. To be fair, support is not doing a particularly bad job. I guess it’s a trade off because we all know that maintaining a support staff (in the collective sense) is really expensive. The industry standard is for 1 “live person” to talk to 5 - 6 customers at the same time, but I don’t know how many of us are in their “beta” chat program and how many live persons are there to entertain us. :wink:

By the way, my web panel is temporarily unavailable as we speak …

I’ve used the live support option a couple of times this week and have never had to wait more than 10 minutes to speak with someone. I’ve also got to give the DH staff kudos for choosing a backend for it that requires no plugins in order for it to work. Makes us folks using Linux quite happy. :slight_smile:

[quote]By the way, my web panel is temporarily unavailable as we speak …

[/quote]

… and the webmail subdomain is NOT working. Since my web panel is not working, I can’t even contact support now. :cry:

My e-mail is back up and running (finally!), but my web panel is still not accessible…

[Update… dang, I spoke too soon. E-mail down again. Rats.]