"Suggestions" feature - some room for improvement?

Hi, I’m feeling a bit frustrated with the “suggestions” feature on the Panel…

Basically, I had a suggestion up, and it was shot down for reasons I don’t know. Fair enough, but it’s a bit frustrating to operate in the dark. And it is conceivable that it was seen as a dupe, as what I was asking for, and the way it would have to be done, consisted of various things which are listed in other requests…

Here’s the thing, though - I was very thorough in my description - not just what I wanted but -why- I wanted it. The suggestions that are up there now don’t really provide enough information. “The title says it all!” but in fact, not really, 'cause even I can’t make heads or tails of a lot of 'em… I feel like the suggestions that are on there now don’t provide nearly enough info, and the only way I can improve the situation is to make suggestions of my own - but they’ll be marked as dupes 'cause there’s already a similar one there…

For instance:
“Support Jabber on port 80” - it’d be a fine feature, but the suggestion doesn’t tell anybody what’d be involved in supporting that feature, and what it’d accomplish. And perhaps most importantly, it doesn’t establish whether it’s a request for XEP-0024 (HTTP Polling - yuck!) or XEP-0124 (the much more reasonably-behaved HTTP Binding)

“Add server configuration & administration to Goodies::Jabber IM” - Another fine suggestion, but the list of suggested admin capabilities doesn’t include some that I’d like to add to the list. Do I make another suggestion? If so, won’t it get marked as a dupe?

"Use Wildfire, ejabberd, or Jabber XCP instead of jabberd."
Again, it says what is being requested but not why. I can think of plenty of reasons why it might be nice to have Wildfire or ejabberd on there instead of jabberd 1.x - such as HTTP Binding (the port 80 thing) and access to certain admin capabilities - and, of course, if one is going to change the Jabber server software, you want to do it before you go and add any new functionality to the Jabber admin panel, not after… so it’s practically a pre-requisite for any other feature that would be added… But the choice of which server to switch to may depend largely on the desired feature set…

Though your suggestion is good, it depends on how many people vote for it.

Good luck!

$50 off and 3 free domains with code: [color=#CC0000]DH3[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Well, my suggestion got shot down in screening… Those are examples of suggestions that I think should’ve been made more clearly - and I’m frustrated that the suggestions system offers no solution for contributing to a pre-existing suggestion - in effect, the existence of a poorly-written suggestion prevents me from writing a better one, and the fact that it’s poorly written makes it less likely to be voted upon and adopted…

Probably I should just put in a suggestion about possible improvements to the suggestion system - like suggesting that the description field should not be considered optional…