Suddenly unable to access domains hosted on dreamcompute server. Request times out

Since past few hours I am unable to access all domains hosted on my dreamcompute server using browser. Request times out.

However I am able to SSH into the server.

Often time this is the error displayed on browser when i try to access the url:-
“This website is under heavy load (queue full)”

But the uptime command on server displays this
uptime
14:00:33 up 13 min, 1 user, load average: 0.12, 0.07, 0.07

I have tried restarting the server several times

tracert shows this:-

New Bitmap Image (2)

BTW this is not happening for the first time. It has happened few times before but would automatically resolve after half an hour or so. But this time its taking too much time.

Anyone who can help?

1 Like

Ok so it started working again on itself. But still want to know why it happens every few days?

Have you put in a support ticket?

We also had some issues yesterday but I’d say it’s very rare, not something that happens regularly. So your situation might be unique.

Their MySQl server has some issue. My websites were also facing the issues. Few minutes back the sites started to work. I got a reply from them stating that, they had a hardware failure and they resolved.

Yes i have. will wait and see what they have to say.

I hope this was the issue with my server aswell

Just a heads up… whenever you notice an issue that appears to be the fault of the service always send a note in a Support ticket so that it’s timestamped and “on the record”, so to speak. The “fine print” is in point 4.

Guaranteed Uptime

1. DreamHost guarantees 100% uptime. A failure to provide 100% uptime will result in customer compensation pursuant to guidelines established herein.
  2. Customer is entitled to compensation if Customer’s web site, databases, email, FTP, SSH or webmail become unusable as a result of failure(s) in DreamHost systems for reasons other than previously announced scheduled maintenance, coding or configuration errors on the part of the Customer.
  3. Customer will receive DreamHost credit equal to the Customer’s current hosting cost for 1 (one) day of service for each 1 (one) hour (or fraction thereof) of service interruption, up to a maximum of 10% of customer’s next pre-paid hosting renewal fee.
  4. DreamHost’s assessment of downtime begins when Customer opens a support ticket to report the problem.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.